The liposuction procedure is currently very popular, because the liposuction procedure can slim the body by reducing excess fat. This alternative to fat loss with the liposuction method is in great demand because fat can be removed permanently without taking a long time. There is even an innovative liposuction method without having to carry out a surgical procedure. Before carrying out this procedure, it is necessary to measure the fat to be aspirated or suction using a measuring instrument. One tool for measuring fat content that is practically used is the Skinfold Caliper. What is the role of the skinfold caliper in the liposuction method? Let’s peel it off together!
Know the Liposuction Method
Liposuction or liposuction also known as lipoplasty is a type of cosmetic surgery that breaks down and “suctions” fat from the body. This surgery aims to remove unwanted body fat. This procedure is usually done to get the ideal body shape, but it is often used to treat certain disorders or diseases.
Liposuction itself can be done to remove excess fat found in various parts of the body. Generally, the patient’s body parts that want to lose fat are the cheeks, neck, under the chin, upper arms, stomach, buttocks, thighs, and calves. However, this method still has many pros and cons, so it is necessary to carefully consider before carrying out liposuction.
Conditions That Requiring a Liposuction Procedure
Some medical conditions that need to be checked and controlled before liposuction include:
- History of heart disease, such as a heart attack
- Allergic reactions to drugs
- Breathing problems
- Allergies, such as asthma
- Alcohol consumption
- Use of illegal drugs
The process of implementing this liposuction method has a number of procedures including :
- The surgeon prepares the area of the body to be operated on and measures the fat content according to the body area that is the target of liposuction using a fat level measuring instrument such as skinfold caliper.
- The patient will be anesthetized using local or general anesthetic (sedation) depending on the patient’s needs.
- The doctor will make a small incision to insert a tumescent solution, metal that emits sound waves, or a laser into the skin.
- The fat will be sucked up through the suction tube with a vacuum machine or a syringe. The fat is removed through a hollow instrument, known as a cannula. It is inserted under the skin. A strong high-pressure vacuum is applied to the cannula.
- After the fat is removed, a drainage tube will be inserted into the incision area and liposuction will remove the blood and fluid that would normally accumulate in the days following surgery.
- Patients who lose a lot of blood or fluids during surgery require fluid replacement therapy (infusion). Although rare, blood transfusions may sometimes be necessary as well.
- Special compression garments may be used on the patient. Use this tool according to the doctor’s instructions.
The fat level measuring instrument commonly used in liposuction procedures is the Skinfold Caliper because of its practical form and easy to carry anywhere, measuring fat content through skin folds.
Best Measurement Tool to Monitor Body Fat Levels
Metrisis – Skinfold Caliper by Solo Abadi is a measurement tool to measure the thickness of human skin accurately. It works by pinning several body parts such as the chest, subscapular, midaxillary, suprailiac, abdominal, biceps, triceps, thigh, and calf.
Here are types of skinfold caliper produced by Solo Abadi Indonesia :
1. Harpenden Skinfold Caliper
Harpenden skinfold caliper is a tool that is used to measure the thickness of skin folds for calculating body fat percentage inside the body. Made of premium materials, the Harpenden skinfold caliper is the most precise measurement tool in measuring body fat, reaching up to 97% of accuracy.
2. Slim Guide Skinfold Caliper
Slim guide skinfold caliper is a measurement tool that calculates body fat level through skinfold thickness measurement, just as how Harpenden skinfold caliper works. This type is an alternative to calculate body fat precentage at a more affordable price. Made by plastic material, so that it is lighter and easier to bring.
Here are the Skinfold Caliper product details by Solo Abadi Indonesia :
By purchasing every product from Solo Abadi, you have participated on supporting Indonesia’s local product. We hope every product we release and created will be benificial and worthwhile for society.